Monday, December 7, 2009

She reprimanded me because I say it's not my fault they were hurt.

So what am I supposed to say then? "Oh, I'm sorry, I'll stop writing about them anymore. I'll take back my words and stop exercising my freedom of speech." Is that it? Am I just supposed to shut up here and keep all of my thoughts to myself? Stop telling everyone what I think and stop making everyone know that I actually think?

It's not me who hurt them. It's them. They were the ones who chose to see themselves in what I wrote. That's why they lashed back at me. That's why they were hurt. Would I be hurt if you called me a bitch? No. I'll be hurt only if I say I'll be hurt. Well. I'm not.

I respect you. I respect the way you think. But here is where it seems to be hard for us to find middle ground. I'll stick to what I say because I respect myself. And all of you should, too. It's not my fault they were so insecure that they can't judge themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment